4582 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL180 G5 make two logical partition P400 Raid 1+0

Muhammad Shamroze
Frequent Advisor

DL180 G5 make two logical partition P400 Raid 1+0

Hello,
I have new DL180 G5 with no OS install and I Have two HDD, from which I have made RAID 1+0 through ORCA but i cant make two logical drive,for that I need Array Configuration Utility

How can I configure Two Logical Partition on RAID 1+0 with no Operating System Install.

How can I boot from Array Configuration Utility to configure the two logical drive on RAID 1+0 before installing any Operating System

Please reply soon waiting
6 REPLIES 6
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi..

Use the latest smartstart CD and choose maintain server and then manage array.. the array configuration utility will start.
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Sorry missed that smartstart is not supported in DL180..

but you can try it anyway...
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

what do you mean but you can not create a second logical drive? any error? how is not letting you know that?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Christian B.
Super Advisor

Hi Muhammad,

You can create a Logical Drive using ORCA, did u follow the steps below
Step 1. Power on the system.
Step 2. Press F8 when the prompt appears on the screen during boot to start ORCA.
Step 3. Create, view or delete logical drives as needed.
Step 4. When you are finished configuring drives, press ESC to exit ORCA.
Creating A Logical Drive
1. From the Main Menu, choose ├в Create Logical Drive.├в .
2. Select the physical drive(s) to be included the logical drive in the Available Physical Drives section.
3. Press TAB to select the Raid Configurations section, and select the RAID type for the logical drive.
See ├в Summary of RAID Methods├в on page 20 for a summary of the important features of the RAID
configurations that are supported by the Smart Array Controllers. See ├в Choosing a RAID Method├в
on page 21 for information to help you determine which option is best for your computing
environment.
4. Press TAB to select the Spare section, and assign spare drive(s), if desired.
5. Press ENTER to create the logical drive. A summary of your choices will appear.
6. Press F8 to save the configuration. A confirmation screen will appear.
7. Press ENTER to acknowledge that the configuration was saved and return to the ORCA Main Menu.
Deleting a Logical Drive
1. From the Main Menu, choose ├в Delete Logical Drive.├в
Select a logical drive to be deleted.
Press F8 to delete the logical drive. A warning and confirmation screen will appear.
After you have carefully reviewed your selection, press F3 to delete the logical drive. A confirmation
screen appears.
Press ENTER to acknowledge that the configuration was saved and return to the ORCA Main Menu.

Keep us updated.All d best.
Gokul Chandola
Trusted Contributor

HI,
If you Have only two HDD then you use RAID1.
There is no meaning RAID1+0.
If you want this for 2HDD, RAID1 AND RAID1+0 are same meaning.

Regards,
Gokul Chandola
There is always some scope for improvment.
Muhammad Shamroze
Frequent Advisor

Thank for the reply...

As I know how to make RAID 1 of two 72 Gb Hard drives through ORCA but the problem is when it makes one logical drives size of 136 GB I need to make two logical drives withing that RAID 1, one for 62 GB and rest for another logical but there no option in ORCA to make two logical partition of RAID 1 but we can make through ACU but the server which I am using does not support Smart Start and there is no operating system installso how can i boot through Array configuration utility with no OS installed two make 2 lgical artition within two HDD (Raid-1)