9633 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL180 and Smart Array E200 Controller Install

hxman
Occasional Contributor

DL180 and Smart Array E200 Controller Install

I have a DL180 with 7 SAS drives......

I also have a Smart Array E200 Controller to install as this is a new box we will bee using Solaris 10 x86 10/08...

The question regarding the controller installation.....

Currently I have 4 SATA connections going from the disk backplane to 4 SATA connections on the main board.....

Question:
1) Do I remove these 4 connections and connect the cable included with the Smart Array E200 Controller from SAS port 1I to teh disk backplane where teh original SATA connection was installed???

2) Will this single connection see all 7 drives installed in the DL180 or do I need an additional connection from the SAS port 2I on the controller card to see the other half of the disks????

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL180 and Smart Array E200 Controller Install

hi

yes you have to connect the new cables that comes with the p400 controller and if you got just one cable you need another one

check this

NOTE: If selecting more than 4 hard drives or if using SAS hard drives a Smart Array controller and two SAS/SATA cables (P/N 464830-B21) are required.

source

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12903_div/12903_div.html#Core%20Options

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
hxman
Occasional Contributor

So I can't have a mix of SATA and SAS drives in the DL180?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

yes you can have SAS and SATA HDDs since p400 controller can handle both no problem and the cable it's the same simply above informatin says SAS and it's for both SAS - SATA
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!