1753455 Members
6029 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL20 Gen10 - NVMe - High fan speed

MadsHaugaard
Occasional Collector

DL20 Gen10 - NVMe - High fan speed

I currently have a problem with my DL20 Gen10, when using a non-HPE NVMe M.2 SSD.

I have installede the dedicated iLO card, and when installing the NVMe M.2, the fans run close to 100%.

Advisory: HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen10 Or HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Server - Fan Speed May Increase on a ProLiant DL20 Gen10 Or ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Server When Non-HPE Supplied M.2 Drive(s) Are Attached to the System

HPE's customer advisory explaines the issue, but the thing is that the iLO dosen't read the temp, and shows it as N/A, but the Smart Array controller reads the M.2 temp just fine?!?

Is there a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
mysy
Valued Contributor

Re: DL20 Gen10 - NVMe - High fan speed

I have the same issue , only way is buy used HPE logo and fw NVME card install to server.
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: DL20 Gen10 - NVMe - High fan speed

Hello, 

I would request you update the server with the latest Agentless Management Service & ILO 5 from the below link or the server should be updated with the latest bios and all other firmware.

Agentless Management Service for Windows x64

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_e9e17b6c3c3f46f58f738bcb3f#tab-history

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo