ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748246 Members
3574 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL320 Code 10 problem with NIC's in MS Windows

Phil Gowling

DL320 Code 10 problem with NIC's in MS Windows

I have tried installing both W2K & Win2003 on a Compaq Proliant DL320 G1. For both I got a blue screen at the start of the install advising that the ACPI is not fully standards compliant and that I should press F7 whilst being prompted for 3rd Party Drivers. This allowed both operating systems to install.

Problem is in both cases the built-in NIC's are not working properly once Windows loads and have a 'Code 10' error.

I've applied the the latest BIOS upgrade. I even get this problem if a 3com NIC is installed in the PCI slot.

Anybody any idea on how to resolve this as the server had W2K on it when I got it and I had no problems loading Ubuntu Linux but am now encountering these problems...?
2 REPLIES 2
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 Code 10 problem with NIC's in MS Windows

Hi Phil,

1. Remove/Uninstall the NICs from device manager.

2. Shutdown the server clear CMOS. Toggle the button 2 to "On" start the server. Shutdown again and Toggle the button 2 to "Off" and restart the server.

3. Reinstall the NIC drivers and check if that helps.

Dl320 G1 System Switch diagram is attached.

HP NC31xx Fast Ethernet NIC Driver for Windows 2000
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24290.html

HP NC31xx Fast Ethernet NIC Driver for Windows Server 2003
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/networking/us/download/24291.html

Regards,
Raj.
Phil Gowling

Re: DL320 Code 10 problem with NIC's in MS Windows

Raj,

I had tried the steps you mention unfortunately with no success.

I have however just managed to resolve the problem as I noticed the specification of the server saying 'upto 2Gb' and I had just upped it to 3.5Gb the other day... so after removing the excess 1.5Gb it worked and picked up both internal NICs upon reboot!

Must admit I'm surprised that too much memory would cause this kind of problem and it certainly had me baffled. The BIOS picked up the memory fine with 3.5Gb and the memory check didn't complain.

So on the up side problem solved :-)

On the downside 2Gb RAM instead of 3.5Gb :-(

Many thanks for your help and hopefully my post may help someone else out in the future.

Regards,
Phil