cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL320 G2 CPU Upgrade

Mantz
Occasional Visitor

DL320 G2 CPU Upgrade

I upgraded my DL320 G2 CPU from P4 2,26 to 3,06, but the server does not boot, sometimes the CPU is detected with 1,6GHz and sometimes not. Bios-version is 4.10 (D13-09/15/2004)
4 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 G2 CPU Upgrade

hi

since you already have the latest System Rom

try clear NVRAM, first with the previous Proc and test the proc if if fails again
clear NVRAM again with the new Proc

1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server cover.
3. Locate the System Maintenance Switch(check attached picture for the location), position S6, and move the switch to the "On" position.
4. Power the server back on until Power-On Self-Test begins.
5. After POST has started, power-cycle the server off.
6. Move the System Maintenance Switch back to the "Off" position.
7. Replace the server cover and power on the system. The server will boot normally.

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Mantz
Occasional Visitor

I already tried this and it works with the old CPU, but not with the new cpu. I found this link:
http://developer.novell.com/yes/80086.htm and this points to a newer bios, but i can not download this from HP
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

well
this is not a good answer but that's it novell not HP I mean how we are sure that novell is correct when HP is the one who creates System ROMs...
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Hari VIdya Sankar_1
Occasional Advisor

Mantz,

There is a new version (2004.09.15 (15 Oct 2004)) of System ROM available, try downloading the same from the link below,

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/cp005001-005500/cp005055.exe

Installation:
Local Downloads

Download the Smart Component to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The downloaded file is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the Smart Component Number.

From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file.

Hope this wil help you.