ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752567 Members
5149 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL320 G2 RAID - How to Monitor Status?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Zack Menendez
Advisor

DL320 G2 RAID - How to Monitor Status?

Sorry for the X-post. I think this is where I should have posted in the first place...

I have a new DL320 G2, where I configured the integrated RAID to RAID 1 to mirror the drive. But I was floored that after I installed the "SmartStart" and all of its drivers & utilities that there were no RAID utilities to speak of. Even $70 RAID cards have little utilities where you can see the drives in the array and the array's status - but this doesn't have anything except "Spy" and I'm not even sure what that's communicating to me (nothing really). How do I even know the RAID is setup properly? What should I use to monitor the RAID status?
4 REPLIES 4
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Use the "Array Configuration Utility" (ACU) which should be on the SmartStart CD.

Thanks,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Zack Menendez
Advisor

Doug - thanks for the response... but the ACU does NOT recognize the RAID controller - even after I've configured the array in BIOS! It says something like, "No Array Controllers Found" That's why I posted this question - other than the BIOS utility... what should I use if it doesn't recognize the RAID?
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Sorry about that - I was thinking integrated Smart 5i....

The only thing I know of is the ATA RAID Management Utility, which is accessed by pressing F8 during POST. In Windows, there should be an icon for this utility in the System Tray as well.

You may also be able to get some info from the Insight Manager Agents (either through the IM7 console or through the Server Home Page which goes directly to the agents).

Thanks,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor
Solution

The DL320G2 uses embedded ATA RAID (AMI chipset) and is fully supported by the HP Management Agents. You can use the server's homepage to monitor it (http://servername:2301) or install IM7 if you have more servers to monitor.

The Spy utility is there to give support for the storage Agents.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!