1752651 Members
5731 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL320 G2 Server

sledgep
Occasional Advisor

DL320 G2 Server

I have a problem, I have a DL320 Server, I have loaded Server 2008 on it, that works just fine the problem I have is the fans dont kick down, they do if I use the smart start CD, but I have two problems with that. ver 8x lets me install 2k8 but does not see the HD it will see the intagrated ATA raid control, drive size 0, the 7x version, wont let me install server 2k8. I know the driver must work something if the fans kick down on the smart start cd. the management driver will also not install no hardware detected, of course that needs ILO as well, dont see any of that. am I just out of luck getting the fans to kick down, is there just a simple driver to load?

thank you
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 G2 Server

hi

if you already downloaded Proliant Support Pack 8.11 (PSP)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=452749&prodNameId=3288142&swEnvOID=4022&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-47813fb4364d46b6bc5ff7900b

extract the file inside the folder look for a file extension .cmd
execute that file that will force PSP installation in that way installing the health driver you need

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
sledgep
Occasional Advisor

thank you, I did download that, i will give that a try and let you know what I come up with.

sledgep
Occasional Advisor

Nope that did not work. I did see a command prompt come up installing the diffrent drivers, rebooted when it was done, still got the Fan's screaming away.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

well

also you can try clear NVRAM and apply latest System ROM in case is not the latest

bye
sledgep
Occasional Advisor

thank you again. I am just going to load 2k3 up until I can figure this out. its a bummer, if smart start 8 could read the drive from the ATA RAID controller I would probably be fine.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

how did you handle to have ATA controller in that server?

by default that server comes with 6i controller and no Smartstart CD won't work on a ATA controller it is built for Smart Array Controller

you must load your driver manually or maybe W2003 comes with it
sledgep
Occasional Advisor

win2k8 detected the controler automaticaly, have not tried 2003, though when I loaded the 7.91 smartstart it had the option to install 2003 grayed out. I guess not all servers are created equaly. so does anyone know of the part number for the SCSI array, maybe I can find one of those and some drives to see if I can bring this back from the grave, or an ILO board as well.

thank you