ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753599 Members
6372 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL320 G2 - replace CD with DVD drive?

JeffreyT

DL320 G2 - replace CD with DVD drive?

Can this be done? I have popped the case on the server and the connection is unlike the standard IDE and power cable interface. Anyone have a part number for the DVD drive?
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 G2 - replace CD with DVD drive?

Hi Jeffrey,

Sure it can be done. The correct Spare Part Number for the DL320 G2 DVD/Diskette combo unit is 269046-001.
(See attached spares listing - Item 13(b))

The Option Part Number (Sales) is 268494-B21. It is unbelieveably expensive on HP Partsurfer (Using part search 269046-001 it's almost 500 dollars).

You may have more success with a Google search on these two parts or using Ebay.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 G2 - replace CD with DVD drive?

Jeffrey,

I had a look myself using these part numbers and found the unit to be at least 200 U.S. Dollars minimum anywhere.

Since the server has two rear mounted USB ports, would a USB DVD ROM drive be a valid solution? I appreciate the server may be in a rack but if you have a plug and play operating system the DVD unit can be inserted and removed as required.

These are very cheap now and any manufacturer's model should do the job.

Examples:-

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=external+slim+usb+dvd+rom+drive&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

I hope this helps.

Brian