1753613 Members
5939 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL320 IDE Controller Issues

Curtis Bayne

DL320 IDE Controller Issues

Hello Everyone,

I seem to be having some difficulties with a DL320 G2 IDE raid controller.

I'm attempting to use the onboard IDE controller with a single 80GB disk. Unfortunately, I am unable to get the system to recognize the controller.

I have attempted to change the IRQ of the controller in the PCI settings screen in the BIOS, but whenever I change it it just goes back to "Disabled". I have tried disabling the onboard SCSI controller, but to no avail - I am still unable to see the IDE controller.

I noticed a jumper on the motherboard labelled "J4000" which, if I understand correctly, enables me to switch between ATA/IDE mode and RAID mode - changing this removes the ATA100 RAID controller from the PCI configuration, but an lspci in CentOS 4.4 shows no evidence of an additional controller.

We have tried multiple drives, multiple cables and they all seem to work in other machines - this one has left me completely stumped!

Can anybody shed any light on this issue?

Cheers,

Curtis

3 REPLIES 3
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: DL320 IDE Controller Issues

Are you talking about the SATA RAID controller?
If yes, try the following:

1. Press F9 to access RBSU.
2. Select Advanced - Embedded SATA RAID controller.
3. Change to Disable.
4. Press F10 & reboot.

Even if you mean that it is an IDE RAID controller, you could look for a similar option in RBSU.

Good Luck!
Curtis Bayne

No - I'm talking about the onboard IDE/ATA controller - this system does not have any SATA interfaces, only IDE and SCSI.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Curtis,

When the SCSI module is installed, the ROM will automatically disable the ATA RAID controller and update the Controller Order to put the SCSI module first in the boot order. & there are no option to enable both of them at the same time.

I think, You need to take out the connectors from the SCSI controllers. I hope this helps.
If not, then something wrong with the controller perhaps.

Regards.