Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL320 MegaIDE RAID

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ingram QUick_1
Occasional Visitor

DL320 MegaIDE RAID

I have a DL320 G2 that one of the hard two drives failed. I have replaced the drive but I am not able to rebuild the array - or rather I can't figure out how to re-build the array. I am able to access the BIOS/ROM RAID tool but when I try to rebuild the array it errors out stating that I have not select a source drive.
5 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 MegaIDE RAID

Is there a "scan" option in the raid tool? I remember that with some array controllers you have to scan the drive channels to make the raid controller see the new drive.
Ingram QUick_1
Occasional Visitor

I did not see a scan option - I did see an option to initialize the second array. Also I should have mentiond that the controller sees the drive what is displayed is:

Array #0 Degraded
Drives 2

Array #1
Drives 1

I have an option to 're-build' the array; however, when I select it is indicates that the source drive is incorrect.
Jõx
Advisor
Solution

Hmm. Seems you have built 2 arrays. The Array 0 is dergraded and Array 1 consists probably of 1 disk. Most likely you have to delete Array 1 to be able to repair Array 0.

Howerver if you have data on Array 1 then you should back it up as it will be lost when you delete it.

Was the new disk brandnew or used before in a different machine? If it was used then it likely to still have the old data on it and therefore also the old Raid configuration.
Got a blade?
Ingram QUick_1
Occasional Visitor

The disk is a new disk - I am going to try deleteing the second Array and see what happens.
Ingram QUick_1
Occasional Visitor

Sorry for the delay on this - Jox thanks for the lead - I am including some instructions (from HP Support) that may help others should they run into the same issue. It is for a ML310 but it woked on my ML110.