1748093 Members
5977 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL320 SATA RAID Windows 2003 Installation Problem

Allan Jardine
Advisor

DL320 SATA RAID Windows 2003 Installation Problem

I have a DL320 G3 with 2 SATA drives configured for RAID 1. I am using ILO Advanced to perform the OS install since there are no CD or FDD drives in the machine.

During the install, after specifying the SATA driver I get the message:

File \win32\aarich.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 2187 in d:\srv03rtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue

Thanks

Allan
5 REPLIES 5
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

How are you specifying the driver? Are you using the virtual cd or the virtual floppy option? Both can't be used during an install of the OS.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Allan Jardine
Advisor

I was using both - I don't have a CD or FDD in the machine so this is the only way. SmartStart 7.2 does not support SATA Raid and I am following the instructions supplied in order to perfrom the install.
Allan Jardine
Advisor

I had the same issue with a local CD drive. However, I am having a bit more luck after downloading smartstart 7.3 - it does not support the SATA Raid but does appear to include a different driver. Thanks for your help so far.
Allan Jardine
Advisor

It would appear that you can only use one device at a time when installing the OS - a bit disappointing. Thanks for your help.
Allan Jardine
Advisor

A local floppy or preferably CD ROM must be used to install the OS - a local CD was also required for the firmware updates