cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL320 and Windows XP

CA974122
Occasional Advisor

DL320 and Windows XP

Iâ m trying do an unattended install of Windows XP on a DL320. After 5 years working with unattended install youâ d think, â no problemâ . It keeps coming up with an error copying file startdss.sys about the time itâ s trying to copy files related to txtsetup.oem. Only thereâ s no reference to that file in txtsetup.oem, my unattend.txt, any inf files under textmode or for that matter a full text search of the entire i386 directory and I canâ t find startdss anywhere. I searched TechNet no mention of it. I Googled it and nothing. I tried using the exact same build on a desktop machine and it works fine. This only happens on the DL320. A manual install of the DL320 from the XP cd works fine too, not to mention no sign of startdss.sys on it. Any Ideas, or suggestions? An
2 REPLIES
CA1169428
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL320 and Windows XP

I am having the same problem installing Windows 2003 Server via Unattended.txt on the same hardware (DL320). I am using the same script on a DL360 and DL380 with no problems ??
CA1169428
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL320 and Windows XP

DisableVirtualOemDevices=Yes

Has fixed the problem on the DL320 installing w2k3 via unattend, should work for XP.

Resoloved using:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/papers/tc030609in_rev3_us.pdf (page 15)

File could not be loaded. Error code is 18. Setup
cannot continue.

Regards Don