cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL320 question

Scott_181
Occasional Contributor

DL320 question

I am trying to get a DL320 server to install Win NT4 Workstation. Please no giggling. I have to ATA controller for the install, but the OS install still does not recognize the hard disk. Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 question

This isn't an OS which would be supported on this machine. Having said that, I would recommend downloading the driver from:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/15649.html

I would also recommend extracting this to the floppy when given the choice of destination. Boot off NT4 cd, press F6 when it says "setup is inspecting your hardware configuration", then wait for it to wait for the message "setup could not determine the type of mass storage controller". When this message comes up specify the driver from the floppy. If you're doing this from floppies, then I would recommend specifying the cdrom at this point also.

I would also recommend specifying the driver for the nic, since NT4 will not recognize the nic correctly.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Scott_181
Occasional Contributor

Re: DL320 question

Thanks for the reply, however the message remains the same with the different driver loaded; "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer." Bios sees the drives, I verified connectivity, and even tried swapping the HD with another ATA IV rather than the preinstalled ATA V. No luck, and I still am trying... I'd hate to have to resort to VM Ware...