1752782 Members
5973 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL320 windows install problem

Nate Faulds
Occasional Contributor

DL320 windows install problem

ok, i was donated a old DL320 blade server, i dont have anything for it, im using the ATA/IDE cable setup, i need someone to point me to where i can get the driver download that lets me install windows server 2003 on my RAID 1 setup, it doesnt recognize the drives without one, someone please help me, thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Marshall Penn
Advisor

Re: DL320 windows install problem

With HP servers you usually use the "Smart Start" CD to install operating systems. You boot into the smart start cd, then it guides you through the OS installation routine. it copies the os cd media and asks all (most) of the questions needed to install. The Smart start cd has all the drivers for the server and knows how to streamline them into the install.

Nate Faulds
Occasional Contributor

Re: DL320 windows install problem

yes i understand this, but i am using the 5.5V, since thats the only one i found a download to that supports my server, i go to use it, and when i select my OS im going to install (Win Server 2003 -> Win Server 2000 EN), then it says i need to run system erase, ok i run it, it says to "cycle power" right after i boot to it, then i boot back to the CD, and it restarts, can someone help me out please, Thanks

By the way, should i set up my RAID array before or after i install an OS or run smart start CD?