Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL320 wrong harddisk detection.

Plett
Occasional Visitor

DL320 wrong harddisk detection.

Hello,

i've got a problem with a proliant dl320. I've installed two new hard drives (each 160GB from seagate).
Now i have the problem that my raid controller (csa-649u) doesn't detect the drives the right way. It says that the disks are only 30GB each. I can't find any firmware updates for the controller, to maybe solve the problem.
Can someone help me?
2 REPLIES
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

Re: DL320 wrong harddisk detection.

have you updated the Firmware on the server?

I think that card is not supported by that server, do you have the part number?

Also, the seagate drives arent supported...
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 wrong harddisk detection.

Well that response was not very helpful, also HP or Seagate or both 'support' is incorrect. IDE has no issues with the mark on the drive. heck, half of the drives HP/Compaq sells/sold are Seagate
OK, you said you did not find any firmware updates, but we would need to know the generation of the DL320, G2, G3, G4, G5?
No Matter, I did some research on the DL320 G3.
First, it is not clear whether this controller (which seems to be the onboard ATA100 IDE controller) was implemented as a "RAID" controller.
Second, the controller may be old enough where the BIOS implemented by Compaq, may not support drives over 110GB.
Third, if there is a SCSI controller, the BIOS implemented by Compaq, may not support anything beyond standard drive #s, ment only for the CD.
Save yourself any more time and install a new controller.
Hot Swap Hard Drives