1748051 Members
4834 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL320e Gen8 Won't Load OS

Jduehmig
Advisor

DL320e Gen8 Won't Load OS

I have a new DL320e Gen8 that I am attempting to load with Windows 2012 using Intelligent Provisioning.  I have done this on other servers with Windows 2008 R2 with no problems.  On this server I get the error: "Error with the copy daemon" when it starts to copy the OS files.  I have tried with both a USB thumb drive and a USB DVD drive.  (This server does not have an onboard optical drive.)  I have updated the firmware with no change.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas on how I should proceed?

Thanks,

Joe

6 REPLIES 6
Jduehmig
Advisor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have updated the IP both via on-line and USB stick.  No change.  I still get the error "Error with the copy daemon".  I have also downloaded a new copy of the Windows 2012 .iso file and created a new bootable thumb drive with no change.  Anything else I should try?

Thanks,

Joe

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

You can try following:

Remove the cable from the NIC and go in ACU via IP and delete the array and recreate it after that. Go in to the  install menu  and select skip update and continiue with the installation.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Jduehmig
Advisor

No good.  Tried all suggestions and still get the error.  I've opened a ticket with HP since the server is under warranty.  Thanks for your help.

grihm123

I purchased 2 DL320e Gen8 servers and also I'm having issues with installing operating systems. Can you share what they resolutions that was provided to you via HPE?

Joe Duehmig
Advisor

The final issue that I had was that I was doing this remotely.  I would insert the USB drive, start the install process, and then walk away and do other things.  What was happening was the server was rebooting as part of the install, finding the USB drive still inserted, and attempting to boot to that device.  I found I had to remain with the server and remove the USB drive at the reboot point so it would boot to the new image in the HDD.

Joe