1751750 Members
5453 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL320e Gen8 v2 fan noise

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Exactly the same with Intel Nics, temps and everything runs fine in Windows Server, literally no temps reported  back to the ILO in Esxi.

I wonder, if this is the same for the Gen9 servers then?

If the basic driver for the NIC actually lacks the sea of Sensors 3D capability, then whats the point of this? Whats the point of even listing these products as compatible when they do not perform the most basic of temperature sensing?

I would like to return my DL320e V2's and swap them for DL60 Gen9's please, if this issue is not seen in the later models.

What annoys me the most is all the hardware is fine, all compatible and all working in Server 2012, but if HP cant be bothered to write a proper driver to give its loyal customers the functionality to pay for, and take over a YEAR to issue a statement to then say they cant be bothered to do anything about it, I would like my money back.

I hope someone in HP sales or someone higher up can take this on-board, and help us out.

Cyirak
Frequent Advisor

Hi T_1_6

been a while. I've just taken delivery of a new ML350 Gen 9, I'll stick the 331T card in it when I have time. I may also have a Intel nic somewhere so I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on, will probably be next week now tho.

Regards,

Cyi

bmihajlovic
Occasional Advisor

T_1_6

sorry for bothering with this ... can you check some of your old posts

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Web-and-Unmanaged/1810-24G-LACP-Trunking-problem/m-p/5545829/highlight/false#M206

I have the same problem with my freenas setup. Using almost the same hardware as you did on older posts...

Using 1810 24g rev1; freenas ML110 g6 with; 6 hard drives - zfs setup. 7TB tested - read 460mb/s write 420mb/s.
4 port lan card from intel-DELL in lacp.

I cant get more than 3 ports now to work in full on 1810 24g.
Nas box was used and tested in different env. Where it worked by using all 4 ports in LACP - full with upper results.
Now I get only 270mb/s or 300mb/s. I can see clearly one nic port is doing nothing. Staying there only as backup.

What was the end solution for this problem on this HP procurve switch?

Hope you can go back in time and let me know... This is so frustrating...

Thanks!

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken link. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

I used static trunking instead of dynamic!

I got the full speeds from all the ports.

:)

bmihajlovic
Occasional Advisor

Thank you so much! ;)

I wrote this on other forum as well... where you posted before.

Narrowing this problem, so frustrating.

PALADIN wrote me this few hours ago:

"I would remove the config for the LACP setup on the switch and then recreate it. Or check the command line if you can. At least reboot the switch and check for firmware updates. That kind of unpredictable behavior is a sign of a bug or failing hardware. Try replacing cables for the ports that don't work right as well. LACP active link aggregation depends on negotiated protocol so if the cable is good enough to get a link but not actually passing data properly it will never join the aggregation group."

But what you did make sense...

bmihajlovic
Occasional Advisor

what is the static coresponding protocol on the other end for HP 1810 24g? 

I have windows 7 and 8.1 - 2nic trunk users and freenas - 4nic trunk?

Thanks one more time! ;)

B

bmihajlovic
Occasional Advisor

I mange to make my switch to work with new good quality gold plated cables cat6 and new lacp group. 1810-24g v1

Server works in full all 4nic operating properly. Problem was in cables even if they were new but cheap ones. with good cables there is no need for static lacp.

Want to share with you!!!

Best,

B