1752807 Members
5975 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL320s P400 Controller Cache Permanently disabled

Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor

DL320s P400 Controller Cache Permanently disabled

The system was working great, until I updated the P400 firmware to 7.18 and update the OS driver to 6.20.xx. When the server reboots, I get a 1797 error which relates to the cache module going bad. I dont beleive it.
Would the firmware update be causing this? I would just re-flash it, but, its in production...so i have limited window for rebooting.
3 REPLIES 3
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320s P400 Controller Cache Permanently disabled

hi Matthew,

Can you provide more detail on the error? Are you able to access data on logical drives presented by the array?

Does this error mention the array battery? The most common fault with BBWC is simply a failed battery that will not impact the controller (although if the battery is failed you will not be able to retrieve data from the cache card after an unexpected shutdown).

good luck, if you appreciate the answers we appreciate the points!
Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor

Looks like the array cache battery did die upon reboot of the server....at least i didnt cause it...by im a little miffed at HP for not generating some sort of OS event or error messages via storage manager. Oh well.

I found the errors in the IML of the ILO on the server. Thank you.
Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor

looks like the accelerator battery did die but no storage manager messages were ever generated.