cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL320s SLES 10 - cciss driver issue

Machiel van Veen
Occasional Visitor

DL320s SLES 10 - cciss driver issue

I've been trying to install SLES 10 on a Proliant DL320s but the Raid controller, HP Smart Array P400 is giving me a lot of trouble. I managed to do the following. I made a cd iso of a floppy image with the driver for the Suse installer as it does not recognize it. I have to install Lilo, with boot option liniar. I make a /boot / and swap partition.

After the installation I ended up with a 500 mb root partition instead of the intended 2 TB.. So I installed the HP SmartStart cd with linux drivers, reboot, ok I could make a 2 TB partition. Reboot again and it won't boot, the partition table is corrupt. Running fsck gives me never ending force rewrites.

I have been trying to get this box installed for a long time, 2 days. As the server is certified for SLES 10 I must be doing something terrible wrong.

Could someone tell me how I should install Suse on this specific server. Any tips would be great, thanks in advance for any replies on this.
2 REPLIES

Re: DL320s SLES 10 - cciss driver issue

Hello Machiel,

I just installed SLES10 on a ML350G5. I used RAID 1 and RAID 5. I assume the DL320 is not so much different.
Did you use ACU ( Array Configuration Utility ) to configure your RAID ?
In the SmartStart documentation, I thought I read something about enabling large ( TB ) boot sizes.

Just some thoughts...

Philippe
Machiel van Veen
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL320s SLES 10 - cciss driver issue

Thanks for the reply, I just solved the issue. The 2.2 TB partition was causing the problems, this page: http://www.unixgods.org/~tilo/linux_larger_2TB.html helped me solve it.