ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1747985 Members
4526 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

DL350 Intelligent provisioning is looking for Optical or ILo media...

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Knudson
Occasional Contributor

DL350 Intelligent provisioning is looking for Optical or ILo media...

Have a brand new HP DL350. I am trying to do the IP using the F10 key. When i get in and start selecting the OS etc, i get a message that says "please insert optical or ILO media before proceeding".  The server has two disk drives that are set to mirror  based on the smart array configuration. The unit has a DVD drive in it (although for this i should not have to use it) and IlO is configured to use dhcp for the time being.

I built two of these servers, identical to this one and have not had this problem before.

Any ideas what is stopping me?  I am currently manually running the Update firmware through the maintenance section to see if that does anything different.

dave

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: DL350 Intelligent provisioning is looking for Optical or ILo media...

If your in process of doing an OS installation IP will ask for media. At this point you need to insert the OS media via the ROM drive, or over iLO virtual media connection

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
David Knudson
Occasional Contributor

Re: DL350 Intelligent provisioning is looking for Optical or ILo media...

OK, that is a little misleading with the wording.  But, once I had that message again, said OK, i inserted the OS into the cdROM drive and was able to proceed.  Thanks for that clarification. To me it was like there was no CDrom drive attached. In the past I must have had the disk in there prior to going through all that and it just naturally picked it up... Live and learn.

thanks!

dave