1753797 Members
7504 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 4G - windows crash's, lost connection to server

Paulo Viana

DL360 4G - windows crash's, lost connection to server

Hi,

The company i work, recently bought a DL360 4G - 2xSCSI 73Gb - 4Gb RAM, and with two 3.4Ghz Xeon.

Instaled windows 2000 server, throw HP cd's that come with server, SmartStart 7.10.

Updated the windows throw windows update.

The propose of the server its to replace an HP LH3000, that run multiples sites and some portals, and the LH3000 its slower... needed best server.

After intaled the system and update windows 2000, when the server went online, only with 2 portals(websites) problems started.

System crashs, allready 2 times yesterday, when started to work opnline with the server, and one time this today - 13-04-2005.

Donno whats going on, on the old server, never crashed and on this new one...
I totally lost connection to server, only via the remote access board/function, i can do a reboot on server throw web HP management.

The server its on a ISP, distant from where i am, if there wasnt that option to reboot server throw HP management...

Any help to resolve this issue will be appreciated.

Thk in advance,
Paulo Viana
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 4G - windows crash's, lost connection to server

Paulo Viana

Hi again,

The server is:
HP ProLiant DL360 Generation 4 (G4)

Second CPU was installed by me and i did it like the instructions, no problem in adding it. The memory also installed by me.

The others itens you mention, local HP allready treating to send a tecnician to the server to make tests and upgrades to bios/drivers. Im wainting a call from them.

Thk,
Paulo Viana
Paulo Viana

Hi,

In 14-04-2005, i requested online support from HP PORTUGAL to go to make hardware tests and upgrades to drivers and firmware to the server.

The online support wasnt made by HP PORTUGAL until today, 27-04-2005.

Lots of calls from me to them, one call from them to me at begining of process.

They say they must charge to go to the server to do the tests to hardware. They say they must charge the trip, not the work, or my company must take the server to people who can do the tests and upgrades!

The server is just outside of Lisbon, capital of portugal... not faraway or whatever.

Is that the online support from HP on other countries?

How can i make them to go there, some technicians i talked in the phone, say i am right... but... the warranty is until 2008, the server only have few weeks.

How or who i can talk, to resolve this issue.

thk,
Paulo Viana