New Discussion

Re: DL360 / DL380 Gen10 SNMP MIB file or OID documentation

SOLVED
Go to solution
KevinR1
Occasional Visitor

DL360 / DL380 Gen10 SNMP MIB file or OID documentation

Hello

I want to setup SNMP monitoring and alerting via an RMM software package and looking for a MIB file or OID documents for the Proliant 360/380 Gen10 servers. Ran snmpwalk against a server and extracted a list of available OID's now need to know what OID's relate to what hardware and the values returned to create the alerts via the RMM agent.

Appreciate and pointers to any documetation.

Regards 

Kevin

6 REPLIES 6
AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi 

You can download HPE Systems Insight Manager - MIB Kit from below link.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04272529

This kit provides all the necessary MIB files to update HPE SIM, or any other MIB tool, to have the latest support for HPE ProLiant and Integrity servers.

Please refer Compiling and customizing SNMP MIBs with HPE SIM document (Page number 15 to 18) to get information about MIB's.

[Admin: Updated invalid link with latest search link]

To Monitor hard drives, power supply etc.. you can use below two MIB's. 
cpqstsys.mib HP Proliant Storage
cpqhlth.mib HP Proliant System and Environmental

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
KevinR1
Occasional Visitor

Perfect thank you.

Only wish the HPE support team were as helpful

Pavan S (01/04/2020, 21:17:28): Kevin, Unfortunately we do not support this as HPE uses SIM configuration
Me (01/04/2020, 21:18:19): i'm not asking you to support it. i'm asking if you have a MIB file or OID documentation?
Pavan S (01/04/2020, 21:19:31): No Kevin, We do not have information on this

Regards

Kevin

SysAdmins
Occasional Contributor

Don't worry, support couldn't expalin to me why a storage controller being "not supported" would show 59TB's of logical disks no longer existing.... They asked if I had a backup, I replied not sure why I would have a backup of my backup server. Put in the new storage controller and magically as if nothing happened, all 59TB's of logical disks appeared correctly. 

Whats funny is they stated, always trust the "not compatible" section on Gen10's but then they couldn't explain why my D3700 disk enclosure was supported even though it didn't show it as supported. 

I just don't get consistency from HPE support, my biggest worry when things actually go down.

RexW
Regular Visitor

I'm polling cpqhlth.mib for System Status but I'm getting a failed indication back when iLO web browser has no errors.  Is it possible that I have an old MIB file loaded?  Where would I find the fie on the server?

jansie606
Frequent Visitor

I want to be able to monitor the ilo firmware verision through SNMP. In which MIB file can i find that info?

Hope you can help me.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @jansie606,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo