1753371 Members
5132 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 Failed to Boot

Robert Liljegren
Occasional Advisor

DL360 Failed to Boot

After a routine monthly reboot, this server failed to re-start. I get no video, no diagnostic beeps, nothing. Inspecting the system board for failed items showed no problems. iLO post diagnostics ceased after FE04 EISA Initialization. Remote console reports Monitored Server Console is in an unsupported text mode. I have removed all PCI cards from the riser and tried a seperate video card without success. I'm assuming there is a failure in the EISA subsystem and I'll need to replace the system board. I have attached a complete copy of the diagnostices display. Any ideas would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Do you have any chance to try riser from another system ?
DL360 G x ???
MMurfster
Frequent Advisor

I know this is going to sound silly, but we routinely do this on our p-class BL servers (2000+ installed): 1) re-seat the DIMM's ... if that doesn't do it, re-arrange the DIMM's into differnt memory slots.
Don't chuckle engineers ... fix it. ;-)
Robert Liljegren
Occasional Advisor

I have a similar vintage server and can try a swap. The LED indicator on the system board does not indicate a riser problem though.
Robert Liljegren
Occasional Advisor

MMurfster, been there done that! What's puzzling is there is no indication of a failure of any kind.