1753604 Members
6406 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 Fan issues

Martin Lassen

DL360 Fan issues

I just bought 3 DL360 servers.
all with excatly the same configurations.
1 of them have the fans running on max all the time. It been doing it since i turned it on the first time and it never once turned down the fan speed.
Since i bought 3 at the same time i can't imagine what could cause it.
8 REPLIES 8
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

Hello

Check your system bios at POST on the servers. I guess you have an older version of system bios on the louder server. If thats the case upgrade the bios.

Downloadable here:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/romtabl.html#compaq_proliant_servers
Martin Lassen

Thank you for your answer.
It was running the same Bios as the others, I updated it to the newest version anyway, but the problem is still there.
I also tried to upgrade the HP system management software, still the same.
Please let me know if anyone has a sollution.
David Davis_7
Occasional Advisor

Have you used the SmartStart CD to install the OS. If so, did the fans quiet then? Also, in the bios settings you have have normal (high speed) setting for the fan I think a low setting that reduces the fans speed by half. You can alo put in the smart start and load the windows psp files.
Martin Lassen

I used the smart start cd to install the OS (W2003 server).
I have downloaded and installed the newest psp software, it didn't make it better.
I couldn't find the setting in the bios where you can adjust Fan speed, the bios is version (02/12/2004), I looked in every menu i could find and couldn't find a thing. could someone give me a clue to where i can find that?
chuyongho
Advisor

usually Server Fan speed is related with temperature of cpu or system board.
I suggest to check cpu, heatsink, fan.
sometimes bad cpu, bad heatsink or bad fan speed is caused by high speed fan speed.
Dean kewley

I have the same problem. Did yo manage to fix this issue?
Martin Lassen

No, sorry the problem still isn't solved.
I'm in contact with HP support, and have tried a number of thing so far. They have told me that it isn't a hardware problem but a software problem. I've tried upgrading the bios to the newest version, re-installing the ILO management drivers, Re-installing the OS.
I'll post here if i ever get the problem solved.

-Martin
SIVAKUMAR.P
Frequent Advisor

Hi Martin Lassen,

This problem Could be happen following issues.
1.The Site Temperature is not found recommend level.

2.The Sytem BIOS/FIRMWARE IS not Commanding properly.

Could try to install ISEE(INSTANT SUPPORT ENTERPRISES EDITION )It is automatically send the event.log and IML Report over the SNMP TRAP.So they will easily findout exat problem of the Server.

here i attached the ISEE documentation, it's helpful for you
24/7 SUPPORT Mobile.No:919841509428