ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753882 Members
7191 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G1 1.266GHz - Terminal Server 4.0 will not install

Ron_156

DL360 G1 1.266GHz - Terminal Server 4.0 will not install

Booting from SmartStart and run the Erase Utility, both 18GB drives and "Intregrated Smart Array Controller" are recognized and one logical mirrored drive is created. Finally the configuration successfully saved. I put the NT 4.0 Server (Terminal Server Edition Microsoft Select) CD in which recognizes only the CD-ROM. I specify an additional coltroller (by hitting 'S') and install the drivers (I have tried just about every controller driver known to man) the OS says it cannot find a disk to install an O/S on. Note I am using the manual configuration option on Smart Start 5.5 since there is no selection for Terminal Server using the automated process (not sure why?). Also, there is no driver on the website that is called "Intergrated Smart Array Controller". What seriers controller is the "Intergrated" controller? A number associated with this controller would be helpful. What driver do I use?

Any ideas ?
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick v.d. Veen
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL360 G1 1.266GHz - Terminal Server 4.0 will not install

Try installing NTTS4.0 using a assisted installation from Smartstart. All nessecary drivers will be included by smartstart.

Patrick
Thomas Hoberg
Advisor

I've had the same problem. Unfortunately I don't remember all the details, but the trick was to try the 2(something, could be 2LC or 2200) drivers, rather than the 5i ones, that the (far better) G2+ models seem to employ. Unfortunately all NT 4 drivers seem to have gone from the HP site since Jan 1st (we still run quite a few NT4TSE machines). Just make driver disketts with all drivers you can find under "drive array" and keep juggling: it will find the right one eventually bit it sure won't say "integrated smart array"...
Mark Mc Daniels
Advisor

When you are booting to the first screen for terminal server installation... "please wait while setup inspects your computer's hardware configuration"... press f6 on the keyboard. The installation will continue as normal until you get to the screen you were using before where you were specifying the driver. It will now read, "Setup was unable to detect any mass storage devices and will load support for the following devices...." Disregard the list, it will not load these drivers. Now use the "S" option to specify the driver. Download sp14437.exe which can be found here: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/9257.html The array driver is on diskette #2 in the set. You need to arrow down if I remember correctly and you will see a listing for
"Compaq Integrated Smart Array/42xx/43x Controllers". This is the correct driver for the controller.