1751879 Members
5143 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G1 Install XP problem with Integrated Smart Controller

fred mudgett_2
Occasional Advisor

DL360 G1 Install XP problem with Integrated Smart Controller

Greetings, As the title says I'm trying to install XP on an old beige DL360 and I know that its not supported. Most of the info I've found on trying to install the Integrated Smart Array Controller is obsolete or not available. For instance one of the threads said to get sp14437.exe but that was 2003 and the link was dead when I tried it. I downloaded the latest Proliant Support Pack 7.61A and tried all the drivers that had Smart Array in their name but no luck... Any idea where I can find the driver or what the heck its name is?

Thanks,
Fred
2 REPLIES 2
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 G1 Install XP problem with Integrated Smart Controller

Hi Fred,

The Integrated Smart Array Controller is a -Symbios 53C1510 chipset.

There is no driver for XP available from HP.
Try the Windows 2000 driver and check.

HP ProLiant Smart Array-2 Controllers Driver for Windows 2000:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23431.html

If this driver does not work, check if you could fine Symbios 53C1510 chipset driver for XP in the web.

Regards,
Raj.
fred mudgett_2
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL360 G1 Install XP problem with Integrated Smart Controller

Thanks for the pointer Raj and for the information on the chip type. I tried the cp005751 but it appears to be a update version of some sort. When I do the install and hit S to specify the 3rd party driver (and then it churns on other things for a moment) it gives the message that there is not a OEM.txt file available. I'll go to the symbios site and see what I can find.

Thanks again,
Fred