1753882 Members
7373 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G2 0 Logical drives found

Megaman75
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G2 0 Logical drives found

I have a second hand DL 360 G2 that was running fine. It is set up to mirror (RAID 1) two 36GB U3 SCSI drives using the onboard Smart Array 5i. I recently installed an LSI LOGIC U320 controller. The server wouldn't boot with the card installed, and I got errors and beep codes. So I removed the card and turned the server back on, and the the smart array saw 0 logical drives. It should see 1 logical drive (2 physical drives) Now I don't even get a prompt to configure the RAID when I try to boot the server. If I have to reinstall windows that's fine, I just want to be able to use the server again. Please help!
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

try clear NVRAM

1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server cover.
3. Locate the System Maintenance Switch, position 6, and move the switch to the "On=Clear NVRAM" position.
4. Power the server back on until Power-On Self-Test begins.
5. After POST has started, power-cycle the server off.
6. Move the System Maintenance Switch back to the "Off" position.
7. Replace the server cover and power on the system. The server will boot normally.

--------
if you continue without prompt to configure RAID try using using Smartstart CD and configure your RAID ans install Windows

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Megaman75
Occasional Contributor

I cleared the NVRAM and I'm still not getting the prompt for a RAID config. I don't have a smartstart CD, so what version do I need, and where can I download it?
Thanks a lot!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor