1752520 Members
4647 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360-G2: Nic7780 Gigabit problem - works 100Mbit only

it61066
Frequent Advisor

DL360-G2: Nic7780 Gigabit problem - works 100Mbit only

- I have ten DL360-G2-Win2003 in two sites connected to two Nortel 8006 core switches (1GB speed).
- A lan teaminig is configured on each server.
- Problem: server still online but disconnects from network and all lan LEDs are off.
- Testing another working ports on the switch: same problem.
- Testing connectivity wtih 10/100 switch, it works normally with 100Mb.
- Firmware maintenance CD 7.90 with PSP 7.80 applied on the server: same problem with Gigabit speed: no link at all.
- Solution: replacing main PCA board and it works.
- During the warranty period, we have replaced six boards in both sites and now: no more warranty and we started to pay too much money.

Any help please on what is hapening?
HPE ASE Proliant-Synergy & Storage Certified Engineer
Clustering & Virtualization Support (Microsoft & Vmware)

4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360-G2: Nic7780 Gigabit problem - works 100Mbit only

Hi,

How do you have the NICs configured for speed/duplex ?? I'd take a guess that something is misconfigured that might be causing the switch port to disable after a while...

You might also want to check that your network cabling is up to spec. for Gigabit network speeds...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
JPD001

I'm experiencing the same issue. Two separate DL 360's G2 all running the latest firmware, software drivers and OS patches will only connect at 100Mb. Switch is configured correctly, and only experiencing the problem with Win2K SP4. Any suggestions?
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Using NCU? if so do you have auto-negotiation?
do you have any team?
have you try to connect the Rj-45 port to an Laptop with 1GB NIC using a crossover cable?

Regards,
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

BTW

Integrated NC7780 Gigabit PCI-X based LOM
The integrated NC7780 is a PCI-X based LOM (LAN on Motherboard) embedded chip that provides high-performance and feature-rich functionality on 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-TX networks. Along with all the advanced features that ProLiant customers have come to expect, the NC7780 includes support for Jumbo Frames, Wake on LAN (WOL), Dual Address Cycles (DAC), and Pre-Boot Execution environment (PXE).

have you clear NVRAM/CMOS?
I do not think is a HW failure, I look like configuration issues