1753583 Members
6516 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G2 cannot write to disk

Aaron.S
Frequent Advisor

DL360 G2 cannot write to disk

I have three DL360 G2s all exhibiting the same error. They cannot write to their local disks. I have reconfigured their RAID setup numerous times using different drives, slots, and configurations (0,0+1,5,5+s).

This was first hinted as the problem when WinPE would stall and not load its' files to the server. Using an assortment of linux boot disks, they too were not able to access the disk drives 0:1.

I have tried restoring the system to 'defaults' in the BIOS but it has not helped the problem.

These systems worked fine before, all that has changed is running HP SUM to update their firmware.

Any feedback is appreciated.

-Aaron
2 REPLIES 2
Manoj Mudaliar
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL360 G2 cannot write to disk

Hello Aaron,

Try a different SCSI cable and prefrably one disk at a time to diagnose the problem.
You can also try with onboard or a different controller card which is compatible with the server and if you have one handy.

Manoj M.
Aaron.S
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL360 G2 cannot write to disk

I have three boxes, all of which have different individual pieces of hardware.
I have tried individual drives. None of it works. This problem first started after I updated the firmware for the devices to what is available on the v8.5 firmware CD. I've since come to find out that there is newer firmware for these devices than what is available on the firmware CD, just not included by default. So I dont know if I should be moving ahead with further firmware updates, or if I should move backwards.