1752795 Members
5867 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

DL360 G2 symbios?

Jeffrey Camiel

DL360 G2 symbios?

Does the Dl360 G2 use the SYMBIOS 53C1510D chip? and if so how can I verify?

Thnaks in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 G2 symbios?

Hello Jeffery,
DL360G2 does not use the symbios. Here are the specs which might be of assistance to you:
Server Chipset - The ProLiant DL360 G2 system board is designed around the ServerWorks HE Super-Lite (SL) chipset. The chipset has three controllers.
NB6576 (North Bridge) - The North Bridge controller has the following functions:
Interfaces to the processors and operates at the maximum speed of 133MHz.
Memory controllers operate at the maximum speed of 133MHz in the dual interleave mode. This allows data transfers between memory and processors that are synchronized to the 133MHz clock speed, allowing 64 bit burst transfers of 1.06GB/s.
Primary PCI bus controller supports a single 32-bit/33MHz PCI bus.
Interfaces to the I/O bus bridge controller.
NB6555 (PCI I/O Bus Bridge) - This ASIC is connected to the North Bridge through the IMB bus and serves as the following.
Secondary and tertiary PCI bus controller. Supports two 64-bit/66MHz PCI buses.
Secondary PCI bus supports integrated NIC and SCSI controllers.
Tertiary PCI bus supports two PCI expansion slots.
CSB5 (South Bridge) - The South Bridge resides on the Primary PCI bus and contains these components:
PCI-to-LPC bridge - The embedded National Semiconductor PC87414 Super I/O controller is the only device on the LPC bus and provides support for the following devices:
One serial port
Keyboard and Mouse input
Diskette drive
Real-time system clock
USB Controller - This controller supports two external USB ports.
2MB flashable ROM - The XBUS acts as the interface between the ROM and the SCB5 controller.
IDE controller - This controller supports a single CD-ROM drive.
I/O Technology - Three separate PCI buses allows efficient load balancing of all integrated and internal devices that are connected to the system. The PCI buses support the following devices:
Primary PCI bus - Operates at a miximum transfer rate of 133 MB/s
IDE controller for CD-ROM drive
PCI-to-ISA bridge
Two USB ports
LPC interface to the Super I/O controller
ATI Rage XL video controller - Includes 8 MB of SDRAM video memory for improved resolution and performance.
Compaq iLO
Secondary PCI bus - Operates at a maximum transfer rate of 533 MB/s.
Compaq NC7780 Gigabit Server NIC
Compaq Smart Array 5i SCSI controller
Tertiary PCI bus - Operates at a maximum transfer rate of 533 MB/s.
Two 64-bit/66MHz PCI slots providing full support for 64-bit PCI expansion cards.
3.3 Volt keyed PCI slots only, older 5 Volt PCI cards are not supported and will not physically fit. Universal 3.3V./5V. cards are supported.
Network Communications - The two NC7780 NICs feature the Broadcom 5701(h) chipset and reside on the secondary PCI bus. Both controllers support Gibabit as well as 10/100 Ethernet. They feature auto-negotiation for all speeds and for full-duplex. Performance is further enhanced with a 96KB memory buffer, which lowers processor utilization at high throughputs. Other features supported by the NICs are:
Fault Tolerance provided by pairing the two controllers ensuring that the server can always keep an active link. (OS supported driver is required.)
Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
Wake-on LAN (WOL)
Link Status LEDs
Storage Controller - The ProLiant DL360 G2 incorporated an embedded Smart Array 5i controller located on the secondary PCI bus. This Ultra3 based SCSI controller has 32MB of memory and a single channel to support up to two internal disk drives. It operates at a maximum data transfer rate of 160MB/s. This controller does not support tape drives or provide tape pass-through functionally. The following RAID features are supported:
Dynamic RAID migration
RAID 0, 1, and 1+0 configurations on the internal drives.
Ultra3, Ultra2, and Wide-Ultra LVDS hard drives.

Regards,