1752793 Members
6220 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G2

shawn mcnamara_1

DL360 G2

Does anyone know if the internal smart array/scsi controller interface cable (p/n 173833-001) is compatible with the DL360 G2? If not does anyone know of a way to install an alternate array controller and bypass the 5i?
4 REPLIES 4
sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL360 G2

Shawn,

I don't quite understand the first part of your question, but according to the QuickSpecs document on this server it will support several different PCI-based array controllers.

You will have to attach a cable between the drives cage and array controller. You will also have to launch the RBSU and disable the integrated 5i.

Scott
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

Shawn, I did not find that part as available for the dl360 g2, but you can get this part Smart Array 532 Controller
225338-B21

This one is going to work on that server, and you do not really need to disable the 5i, just connect cables to the other controller.

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.
shawn mcnamara_1

Thanks for the replies. I have a 532, which is what I plan to use due to the fact that my 5i is dead. I just can't find any documentation regarding where the scsi cable connects to bypass the onboard controller. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

If I recall, from the backplane there is a connection going to the system, well that connection is going to go the 532 controller now, and if you buy the option part number that i gave you, it should come with a long cable to do that.

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.