5550 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G3 - 300gb Hard Drive

grantwtson
Occasional Advisor

DL360 G3 - 300gb Hard Drive

Hi all,

I have a DL360 G3. I had a 36gb (running OS) and 300gb (IP security camera storage) drive running, the CPU fan decided to die on me. The fan problem is resolved. The server is back up and running.

The issue I have now is the server thinks that the 300gb drive is only 36gb, I have data on the 300gb drive that I need to recover. Any suggestions on how to resolved this issue? I installed the 300gb drive some time ago and cannot remember if I needed to do anything to allow the server to see it correctly.

Grant

10 REPLIES 10
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

What OS are you running?

grantwtson
Occasional Advisor

Windows Server 2003.

grantwtson
Occasional Advisor

I have downloaded the HP Array Configuration Utility. Its telling me the logical drive is 33.9GB and has failed. The physical drive is 300GB.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, can you get ADU - array diagnostic utility as well? And attach a report in here?
grantwtson
Occasional Advisor

Hopefully this is the report you wanted...

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Message: Logical drive state: This logical drive has failed and cannot be used. All data on this logical drive has been lost. Device: Logical Drive 2 

Have you considered getting a recovery application / sending the drive for recovery?

1:0 is the 300GB disk.

When you boot the server do you get a message asking what to do with the logical drive?

Why weren't you running this in a RAID?

grantwtson
Occasional Advisor

Yes when the server boots it recommends to disable logical drives due to it finding a new harddrive.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

What are all the options and error codes during POST?
grantwtson
Occasional Advisor

When the server boots up it comes up with an error about logical drives, its staying a new drive has been detected, and logical drives should be disabled to prevent data loss. I press F1 to disable logical drives as i need the data from this drive. F2 to continue