1751930 Members
4981 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G3 5i ADU testing

Al Murin
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G3 5i ADU testing

How long does it take for the ADU test to run?

DL360 G3
RAID 1

The DL360 G3 generated a "hard error", and would not restart (acting like no access to the drives). Did restart it, and 2 hours later same thing. Managed to restart again, and got the ADU running, but it's been about 90 minutes now, and there's no sign of stopping. Does the ADU test take that long?

Al
Failure is not an option.
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 G3 5i ADU testing

check the HDD using insight diagnostic Offline using the Smart Start CD (rebooting)

this tool will check the HDD so the online version wont do

or maybe using Integrated Management Log
but try first Insight
regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Al Murin
Occasional Contributor

Re: DL360 G3 5i ADU testing

Well, we pulled the SCSI riser card, reseated everything, fired it up, and the ADU ran in about 15 seconds. Everything reported clean. Shut it down, moved it back to the rack, and it was dead. On startup, all the drive lights cycle, then the CD, then nothing. The power light is on and green, as are both of the health lights on the right side. But no video, no drives. Moved it out of the rack and back to the test bench, and it fired up intantly. But after 5 minutes Windows threw a "Unknown Hard Error stop: c0000021a" during the login process.

Still suspecting a controller or drive. Will run the drive test as soon as I can get it started again. Right now, dark and dead.
Failure is not an option.