5702 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G3 BIgger hard disk

pj_11
Super Advisor

DL360 G3 BIgger hard disk

Hello,

I have just replaced 2x36GB H/D for 2X146GB.
Reason being i needed addittional space the
drives rebuilded correcly.In disk manager i
do not see any extra space.is there any think
i have missed.

PJ
6 REPLIES 6
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

Re: DL360 G3 BIgger hard disk

You have to create new logical drive in ACU on the free space. Then you can find the extra space in disk manager. Maybe you can run a hardware scan in device manager or restart your server!

regards
Akos
pj_11
Super Advisor

Akos,

I am not sure what you mean.There is no free space available.Currently i have 2x146Gb of
installed in a Raid 1 configuration.Previous to this i had 2x36GB Raid 1 configuration.As
i believe if i create a nother logical drive i will lose of current logical drive.My intentions were to rebuild each 36gb disk and replace one at a time with 146gb which i
have done.By the way i am using w2003 standard edition.It looks to me i will have
to trash and do a restore any less you can save the day.

Thanks for your help,

PJ

Gert Albertsson
Regular Advisor

If I understand you correctly you have replaced one of the 36Gb and replaced it with a 146 Gb disk and when the mirroring was ready you replaced the other 36Gb disk with a 146 Gb disk this will however not give you any more space than before since your diskpartion will still be 36Gb you have namely made a copy of the diskpartion that you hade before.

Im not sure how you can increase your diskpartion but I think you can use the dos command DISKPART (check the web for syntax to use) or partionmagic (a program that costs money). Before you run any of these command shutdown the server and remove one of the disks if disaster should struck so you have an easy way back.

You will have to press F2 when you boot the server with only one disk.
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

You should be able to use the Array Configuration Utility to do this. It supports a feature called "Online Logical Drive Capacity Expansion", which I think is what you want to do.

Check the ACU USer Guide for more details.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/software-management/acumatrix/advantage.html

Thanks,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
pj_11
Super Advisor

All,

The resolution was to do a clean install
then restore data back.This is aproduction box so i could not wate any mre time.Thanks
for all your reply.

PJ
pj_11
Super Advisor

it appears what i did does not look possible.
Will not try that again.

PJ