ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753726 Members
4673 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G3 Interlock LED

Reginald Reed

DL360 G3 Interlock LED

After racking my two new DL360 G3 servers, one of them has the Interlock LED lit on the motherboard (as well as either a red or amber system health front panel LED). In attempting to troubleshoot this using the documentation, I get referred to a user guide or some such that I didn't receive.

Anything I should check before placing a service call?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Krassnosky

Re: DL360 G3 Interlock LED

Did you add a second power supply? If you did, you will need to turn on switch #4 of the switches labeled SW1 (has 4 switches). This should clear up the interlock LED and the internal health LED.
Reginald Reed

Nope, only one power supply. This is a new machine, fresh out of the box.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The interlock LED, when lit, normally indicates that the PCI riser card is not seated properly. This riser card slots into the main system board and locks in place with metal guides on the chassis and a handle to keep it secure. The metal guides correspond with the metal slots in framework of the riser card. You should be able to see this handle and spring it loose to let the riser card release. You can then check that it fits snugly against the main system board (no gold pins showing) and lock it in place. It may have popped loose in transport.

I hope this helps

Brian