ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753795 Members
6936 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G3 - Internal Health LED, 2x CPU error, No POST

TxGR

DL360 G3 - Internal Health LED, 2x CPU error, No POST

This DL360G3 was offline from 10 December until today. When I plugged it in, there is no video, and within 5 seconds the Internal Health LED goes steady red. If I open the case, both CPU Error LEDs are amber.
I already tried to reset the RAM, the CPUs, and I checked the battery for with a multi-tester (+3.04v), it is fine. The error stays, even after turning the system off, but if I unplug both power cables, it clears it.
So, does anybody have any suggestions for how I can proceed?
I find it difficult to believe both CPUs failed simultaneously.
Is there, perhaps a trick to resetting the server to get it to try again, or some way to force it into diagnostics?
The iLO is not configured and I don't know the default config.
Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Esteban. ISS
Advisor

Re: DL360 G3 - Internal Health LED, 2x CPU error, No POST

Hey!

To t-shoot a no video issue the 1st thing to do is something called "minimized". This procedure consist to get the server to the minimal configuration as possible. In this case you have to remove the 2nd CPU and the 2nd PPM (power processor module), Then remove the the memory DIMMs but make sure you leave at least 2 of them in slot 1 and 2. then try to turn on the server, and boot from the SmartStart CD and diagnose your server..

I Hope this can help you ;-)

Regards
TxGR

Re: DL360 G3 - Internal Health LED, 2x CPU error, No POST

Thanks for the reply. I tried removing CPU2, associated PPM, DIMMs 3 and 4, but the same thing happened - no video, no POST, just the red internal health light, and the CPU error LED on the motherboard.
So, I reversed it - I replaced the CPU and PPM in slot 1, with the ones orignallyin slot 2. Same story.
To make matters worse, the CPU for #1 separated from the heat sink. I put it back, but based on the huge warning, I am assuming it will fry itself if I ever do get it online anyway.
Is there a way to force the iLo to reset to defaults settings? I don't have the tag with the default iLo settings, but I am 99% sure nobody ever configured the iLo. If I could access the iLo, can I run system diags from there?
Thanks,