1753494 Members
5063 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G3 Windows 2003 freezes

John Oliver2
Occasional Advisor

DL360 G3 Windows 2003 freezes

A DL360 G3 (P31 BIOS) that has been running fine for months had a stroke yesterday. It boots to a black screen. Booting into Safe mode, the system either freezes or hangs for a very long time at acpitabl.dat Microsoft blames the BIOS, but there is no newer BIOS to try.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Boot the server with SmartStart CD or any Linux Live CD, then you'll know if it's a hardware or software failure.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check this

http://weblogs.asp.net/lkempe/archive/2005/04/04/397084.aspx

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
John Oliver2
Occasional Advisor

Well, I ran the Firmware Maintenance 7.91 CD It updated the BIOS and the RAID firmware. Then I ran the SmartStart 7.91 diagnostics, and everything passed. The problem still exists.

The person who owns this server is talking to Microsoft. Hopefully, they'll help her find a solution, and I'll post it here.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I think a pre-installation of Windows is maybe the only way to solve the problem...The problem is software related. Since booting from the SS and running diagnostic didn't broke, the problem is OS related. You can try to Clear NVRAM to reset the server to defaults if there is any config that causes this...but I still think that you have to re-deplaoy and restore backup.

Pac
John Oliver2
Occasional Advisor

I'm sure this server just wound up getting reinstalled.