New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G3 - amber interlock light / bad internal health -- help

SOLVED
Go to solution
lyle scott
Advisor

and.. by calculating the PAL leds to binary:
1100000 == 0xC0 which.. not sure how to relate that to page 35 in troubleshooting guide (table of codes).

lyle scott
Advisor

with the lights like you have them, all the lights turn solid green. Aren't these the SmartArray 5i diagnostic LEDs?
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hmmm...there should not be any decode/port LEDS at this point since we haven't energized the DC power switch. So I'm confused on why/how you are getting the decode LEDS, since a) no DC power has been applied to the system to initiate POST and b) the switches should not be in decode mode.

Did you push (energize) the POWER switch after plugging in the AC?

Do you still have the INTERLOCK LED with system in the powered off state with AC plugged in?

lyle scott
Advisor

The power button does nothing in any case... it's always just amber.

The interlock light is always on in any case as well. It never changes... you can pull all hardware you want, it is still on. No other lights have ever come on on the board... except the one by the hinge that the cover connects to (CR2).

Other than pulling critical power points, I can remove components (CPU, PPM, RAM, HDs, etc) and there is not a noticeable difference in symptoms (even debug lights stay the same).

FYI:
(1) 1 processor... and PPM is in correct slot.
(2) still nothing in iLo.. it just says the system is off. No post, etc in virtual terminal
(3) Debug 0000: no lights
Debug 1000: top 2 blink (6-7 on 0-7 scale)
Debug 0100: all lights solid

hm.. i'm doubting this mobo :-/
cnb
Honored Contributor

Lyle,

I need you clarify something in your earlier post, you indicate that both System Board PCI riser assembly slots are empty. Is that true? If it is, then this system won't ever pass POST. The system requires the risers whether or not you populate them.

If you do have the riser cards then:

Remove the two PCI riser assemblies, take a gold wipe or alcopad (90%) and clean the connector edges on each, let DRY completely. Use a flashlight and inspect inside the PCI riser slots on the SB. Make sure that there's no debris or dust by using a can of compressed air and blow out the slot sockets.

You won't get anywhere unless INTERLOCK is off. Then reinstall and/or swap positions with each other. The INTERLOCK indicates faulty riser connection issues.

HTH,

cnb
Honored Contributor

I've attached a picture of the riser assembly for reference.

HTH,
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Lyle,

I'm not sure if this will help but a colleague has just informed myself and others by e-mail that HP are supplying motherboards for DL360 G3 systems (Spare Part 305439-001) with switch pack 2 on the 4 position switchpack (SW2)in the ON position.

Normally for SW2 switches 1,2 and 3 are shown as reserved and switch 4 is used to tell the system if you have 1 or 2 power supplies installed. Apparently if switch 2 is in the ON position then an interlock error will occur.

He suggested always setting switches 1,2 and 3 to the OFF position and setting switch 4 according to the correct PSU configuration.

I can't claim any credit for this information as it was a colleague who went through the pain of replacing a couple of motherboards to find this out but I hope it helps.

Regards,

Brian
pcTechs
Established Member

After removing all sources of power including all LAN and iLO cables (in fact all cables) and watch battery and BBWC batteries, I pressed the power button for 15+ seconds a few times. I held it in again each time after attaching power cord. The interlock light stayed on but the system powered on and the fans spun and the HDD LEDs turned Christmas green and the amber interlock eventually went off. After a reboot or two, the interlock light "does not exist."
pcTechs
Established Member

That was success with a HP dl360 g6,
Albert2
Occasional Visitor

verifica que este bien ensamblada tu tabilla Slot Card