Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360 G3 - amber interlock light / bad internal health -- help

SOLVED
Go to solution
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 G3 - amber interlock light / bad internal health -- help

I've attached a picture of the riser assembly for reference.

HTH,
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Lyle,

I'm not sure if this will help but a colleague has just informed myself and others by e-mail that HP are supplying motherboards for DL360 G3 systems (Spare Part 305439-001) with switch pack 2 on the 4 position switchpack (SW2)in the ON position.

Normally for SW2 switches 1,2 and 3 are shown as reserved and switch 4 is used to tell the system if you have 1 or 2 power supplies installed. Apparently if switch 2 is in the ON position then an interlock error will occur.

He suggested always setting switches 1,2 and 3 to the OFF position and setting switch 4 according to the correct PSU configuration.

I can't claim any credit for this information as it was a colleague who went through the pain of replacing a couple of motherboards to find this out but I hope it helps.

Regards,

Brian
pcTechs
Regular Visitor

After removing all sources of power including all LAN and iLO cables (in fact all cables) and watch battery and BBWC batteries, I pressed the power button for 15+ seconds a few times. I held it in again each time after attaching power cord. The interlock light stayed on but the system powered on and the fans spun and the HDD LEDs turned Christmas green and the amber interlock eventually went off. After a reboot or two, the interlock light "does not exist."
pcTechs
Regular Visitor

That was success with a HP dl360 g6,
Albert2
Occasional Visitor

verifica que este bien ensamblada tu tabilla Slot Card