Did you mean: 

DL360 G3, different RAID controller and internal drives

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

DL360 G3, different RAID controller and internal drives

Hi,

Is it possible to connect the internal drives to a different RAID controller? For example, if I pop in a 6402, can I connect my internal drives to it? With the DL360 G1, you used to be able to do this. But I don't see a connector anywhere which would allow me to do this now on the G3.

Thanks
Nelson
4 REPLIES
Bill Wood_3
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: DL360 G3, different RAID controller and internal drives

Not possible. The internal drive cage is directly connected to the 5i controller on DL360G3. You can only use the 6402 to access external storage.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thanks Bill.

Nelson
John Hawkins_4
Regular Advisor

Nelson, I would like to do this exact same thing with a DL360 G1. You mention that it is possible but I'm not sure how. The hot plug drives are connected to the back plane in the server which I suppose is then connected to the on board controller. I don't see how if I add a controller card to this server I can connect the hot plug drives to that new add on controller. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, John
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

There is a special silver connector on the edge of the system board labeled "Add In SCSI CONN". You connect the SCSI card to this connector. I dont remember any more if the server came with the cable of if the card comes with a cable. Hopefully you saved all your parts from both.

Nelson