1753290 Members
4967 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G3 no post

Tyler Bowen

DL360 G3 no post

We have a DL360 G3 that today would not boot - no post or anything. All front panel LEDs are fine - internally there is a green debug LED lit. It is the 4th LED from the expansion slot. I see no amber or red LED's lit on the server internally or externally. I can find no referance to what that LED being on indicates and HP will only say we should replace the system board (for $1285).

If anyone has any idea on what may have failed please advise!

Thank you in advance!
Tyler Bowen
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL360 G3 no post

did you try the basic troubleshooting steps?

1. remove any attached device. Like UBS Key, Floppy, CD-ROM, Tape Drive and so on.
2. remove no hp components. PCI Cards, modems
3. reseat components. CPU/PPM, DIMMS, PCI Cards, Power Supply
4. swap components. CPU/PPM to another slot. PSU to another bay.

5. minimum conf
- no HDD
- just 1 or two DIMMS depends on the server model.
- 1 PSU
- No PCI Cards

6. clear NVRAM

7. Another Monitor?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jonathan B. Clark

Tyler or anyone... did you ever solve this problem? I recently did a gigabit upgrade on the network here and after booting the servers (they were completly down without power for around 10 hours). When i booted the majority of my servers came up, however my DL380 G3 and DL360 G3 just sit at a black screen... No Post, no splash screen. The lights on the motherboard are green, and the indicator lights on the front of the machine are green. If I push the power button, the server immediatly turns off
Please HELP
Tyler Bowen

The motherboard had to be replaced. After swapping/removing ALL removable parts on the motherboard, I still had no POST.

We did order the replacement board from an on-line provider and saved over $1000.

Sorry to give you this info, but if you have already reseated/swapped all removable components then I'm going to guess you will have to replace the board. The spare part number for the motherboard is 305439-001. You may want to verify the number on your board.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

just for the next assign some point if my answer gave you some guidance

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Pam Bulmann

Has anyone come up with any other solution other than replacing the system board? I've now got 2 servers in different locations doing the same thing. All lights on the front look normal, lights on the inside look normal, I've reseated just about every component. It seems that you have to hold the power button for just the right amount of time for it to boot up correctly. I've replaced the power button on the first one, when the second server started doing the same thing, it led me to believe it wasn't hardware related? Any ideas?