New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G3 raid controller driver manual build for NT4

SOLVED
Go to solution
pj_11
Super Advisor

DL360 G3 raid controller driver manual build for NT4

Hello All,

I am trying to build the above when i put my driver in it sees the controller but there after it says no disk found.I have used driver
of the SmartStart CD and downloaded other ones.Can some let me know if they have a driver for NT4 which will pick up the 5i controller as any driver i have tried do not work.This is a manual install DRS.

Thanks

Mukesh.
11 REPLIES 11
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi,

The firmware is up to date.It is at the point when i choose S then controller hit enter it picks up the driver then fails when it tries to install NT4 no disks Interesting point was on your post that forum member choose the controller then IDE not sure how to do this so i will have ago tomorrow.The driver i used was from Smart start cd 7.00 up to 7.20 as i built the same Server with assisted install worked fine.Know i have to do a manual install and this is were it fails after i choose the controller it sees it but NT4 comes back cannot see any disk.Maybe its the wrong driver or NT4 is very and being picky.So i will try with your
drivers tomorrow see how it goes.

PJ
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi Cnb,

Your driver did the trick for the raid controller.I have a issue when starting the network i select from disk then install the nic diver once it installs this it comes back with HPNTAC 1 disk is required any ideas what this might be or were to get it from.

Thanks

PJ
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The biz site appears to be having problems at the moment, but you can try to locate the NT network drivers here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316558.

The HPNTAC appear to reference the installation diskette # 1 from Compaq. Check this oemsetup.inf located with Google:
http://www.toadworld.org/PublicShared/Drivers/Modems%20&%20NICs/Compaq/NC31xx%20for%202003%20x64/nt4/diskette/oemsetup.inf

These should be on the Smart Start cd.

HTH,
pj_11
Super Advisor

Thanks will have a look tomorrow.

PJ
cnb
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

The site is working again and I found the diskette image that contains the HPNTAC info:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316558&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I16918&prodNameId=3288138&swEnvOID=24&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

There are two files for the multi-part download there. Download both and extract/install them. You might have to create diskettes, but follow the instructions included with the files and you should ok.

HTH,
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi cnb,

You were spot on made the diskettes Server Network started.Riad controller driver you supplied was spot on to.Your support was life saving for me as we have a DRS test which requires manual install we could not get it to work so we missed the dealine.
So this was a bit embarrasiing but never live and learn so i will ghost this know as NT4 is very old i dont wnt to go through this again.You saved the day great support
full 10points if there were more points you would have all of them.

PJ
cnb
Honored Contributor

Glad you got it working!

Good Weekend!

Best Regards,
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi cnb,

I have a clone know and kept the orginal disks in a hidden cupboard for the time being for backup.After a week of headache it
time for a drink down the local thanks to you spot on with the answers as being NT4 bit off a older timer from the O/S point of view.

Cheers

PJ