ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753288 Members
5465 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G3 won't post

trev_4

DL360 G3 won't post

Just got a DL360 in that will not post. About 30 seconds will go by and I hear 2 beeps, but still nothing comes up. There is no red lights internally and on the outside led lights, everything appears to be plugged in correctly and all the switches are set correctly. I am sure that it is not my monitor. I also already reseated the ram, processors, and psu. Also tried resetting the configuration by using S6, and also tried the same with S5 to make sure it wasnt just a password problem. Also tried switching the ram out and using other ram from another server I have that I know is working. Then I tried just using one processor and switching them out, then also switching out the PPM. I feel like I have tried everything...any suggestions? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Trev,

Do you mean, after 30 secs... no video & all green LEDs ?
Is there a Network cable connected ? Activity LED on ? Can you ping this server ?
If so, issue could b due to a faulty monitor, monitor cable Or the Graphics port.

Regards.
trev_4

Yes, after 30 seconds there is no video but all green lights and 2 beeps. I have connected a network cable to it, the light for nic1 is green but I cannot ping it. I am positive my monitor and monitor cable are working, so then it must be the video port? Is there a way of replacing the video port w/o replacing the entire motherboard?
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Trev,
It could have surely been the video port, if you were able to PING the server. Now that you cant, odds are, it could be the entire system board. As NIC/ping to the server, has nothing to do with the video.
You may try a video card if you have one... & see if that helps. ATI video cards are known to work... mostly.

Regards.
trev_4

I do, but it is made for pci-e, not pci-x, not even sure if they make graphics cards for pci-x =/, Thanks for your help.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Can you access the ILO on this server? There you can check the IML and the POST log.
As you have done a clear CMOS and reseated components, this would probably be due to a faulty motherboard or power converter module.