1753365 Members
6435 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G3

Duane Ray

DL360 G3

We have received about 20 of the new DL360 G3 and I really am very disappointed in the design of the front and the cable management plate in the rear.

1. You cannot see the serial number on the front of the server any more. You have to pull out the server to see the serial number.

2. You cannot disconnect the bottom Either net cable very easily without removing the cable management plate from server and it is in a hard to reach location.

I liked how the cable management plate was on the G2.

Has anyone else experienced that same dissatisfaction?
3 REPLIES 3
ron fisher_1
Advisor

Re: DL360 G3

Personally for what you get in the small package, dual proc Xeon with onboard array etc, I'll take these minor inconveniences. They finally designed an easy to get into lid.. remember the G1 lids? Those are horrible!

I don't use those quirky 1U cable management add-ons anyway. Going to KVM over IP solution will cut down on the cable management. The only thing I don't like so far are the noisy fans, but they have to keep those smokin Xeons cool somehow!
Looking down the barrel of another day
Juergen Marz

please be aware, that there is a bios upgrade available to reduce the noise of the fans.

cheers, juergen
ron fisher_1
Advisor

I had that installed from the get go.. I can't imagine them being noisier than "normal".. I'm really interested in seeing how this server holds up over the long haul 3+ years.. I never thought I'd see Xeon's in a 1U form factor.. just wish I was running Linux rather than windoze to see how they really perform. :)
Looking down the barrel of another day