ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753359 Members
5019 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360 G4 ACU still sees failed disk in logical view (with or without disk inserted)

njdgomez23
Occasional Advisor

DL360 G4 ACU still sees failed disk in logical view (with or without disk inserted)

Hello,

we have a DL360 G4 using 2 mirrored drives for the OS. Recently one drive failed, we pulled the failed drive and insereted a new disk in the same slot but the system appeared not to recognise it or start to rebuild the mirror. Upon entering the ACU the system appears to still see the original disk. This happens with or with out a disk in the slot. When a new disk is inserted, you can see it in the physical view, but cannot bring it into the mirror as it still sees the old disk.  Any advice?

Please see images

Cheers

srv02 phys.jpgsrv02.jpgsrv02 phys.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: DL360 G4 ACU still sees failed disk in logical view (with or without disk inserted)

Hi,

It could happen in the following cases:

1. New disk is also failed.

2. Backplane slot is damaged.

3. Array controller firmware is old.

4. New disk is not compatible.

5. The other drive is also failing and hence it cannot rebuild onto a new drive.

Generate a ADU report and check it or share it.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

>> Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

>> Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

njdgomez23
Occasional Advisor

The ADU report attached

njdgomez23
Occasional Advisor

I suspect it could be a couple of the issues you have highlighted, though probably its likely to be the firmware and the 2nd disk is failing.

njdgomez23
Occasional Advisor

Can anyone tell me if i can delete the logical drive without destroying data on the known good disk?