cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360 G4 Array Controller

Gary Pike
Occasional Visitor

DL360 G4 Array Controller

I just unboxed a new 360 G4, installed 2 36 GB U320 SCSI drives and booted the server up with the SmartStart CD (7.60) that came with it. SmartStart tells me that there are no available drives connected to the 6i array controller. When the server is first turned on the drives flash a green light which goes out. When I get to the configuring screen for the controller in Smartstart, both drives have an amber light on. Is this a sign of a bad array controller. Attached is a saved report from Smartstart.
Thanks!
4 REPLIES
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

Re: DL360 G4 Array Controller

DOA? Probably worthwhile to try reset the NVRAM (and pull out the Battery-backed write cache if you have one).
Learning never ends
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

One of the problems with this particular server is the fact that upon arrival the backplane may not always be seated correctly. I would take a look here for more information on this: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_EL050513_CW01&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

This is a potential problem for both the G4 and G4p models.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Gary Pike
Occasional Visitor

Terry, Thank you very much. Reseating the backplane fix it !!

Gary
Denis Nikiforov
Occasional Visitor

Hello! At me the same problem, the truth I have established 146 GB U320 SCSI drives... The Answer to find it was not possible, as the reference does not work...
Need help.
Thanks!