1752624 Members
4226 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G4 Fan / agent problem

David Orwig
Regular Advisor

DL360 G4 Fan / agent problem

I have a single fan failure in the DC fan assembly (the fan is actually dead, it won't spin with my finger).

I get the following POST code "1611 - Power Supply Zone Fan Assembly Failure Detected. Single Fan Failure. Assembly Will Provide Adequate Cooling. Fan Solution Not Fully Redundant" Then after the array initializes I press F1 to continue and the system boots W2K3.

So far, so good, right?

When the logon screen is displayed the HP ProLiant Shutdown Services pops up with the message "System is too hot or has lost cooling" then counts down and shuts down.

I'm really hoping this server has more issues that a single dead fan or else any 360G4 that experiences a single fan failure will shut down.

Yes I have put the latest rompaq on (12/02/2004) and have the agents installed from SS 7.10

Any Ideas???
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Every server with standard fan assembly by design will force system down. Unless they're a redundancy used. In DL360G4 power subsystem required all three being operational.
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

There are actually six fans in the DC fan assy. and eight in the CPU fan assy. The redundancy is already included as opposed to the 380s and 570 and the like where you actually have to purchase addtional fans.

It used to really shock me that people would buy a server and not pay a few extra bucks for a fan then have to wait overnight with a down server to have a $14.00 fan delivered.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

They made as dual you right, however one goes down ... box down
Part number that you need is 361399-001 local reseller would be best or online shopping