1752785 Members
6075 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G4 - Fans never spin down - No video

Sean Corbett
Advisor

DL360 G4 - Fans never spin down - No video

I have already replaced the system board and the symptoms of no video and fans never spinning down still exists.

It is hooked to a KVM, so I put it on its own keyboard/mouse/monitor, still no video and fans still on high. Also cleared NVRAM, no difference.

Any ideas???
I am an HP employee

*** If my answer helped you click on the KUDOS star on the left to say Thanks ***
8 REPLIES 8
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Sean,

Does the Server Beeps without the DIMMs installed ? Any Amber/RED leds ?

Do you Have a Spare power supply to swap & try ?

Regards.
Sean Corbett
Advisor

All green health lights on front. I also have activity on both NICs. No red/amber anywhere.

I haven't tried pulling out the 1 DIMM to see what would happen.

Spare power suppply?? The server only has 1 and a blank in the other slot. I have a green light on the power supply though.

How might the power supply be doing this?? I don't have a spare but could aquire one.

Sean
I am an HP employee

*** If my answer helped you click on the KUDOS star on the left to say Thanks ***
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Oh I See !
The initial description did not mention about the LEDs. Well, try pulling out the DIMMs & booting to check Beeps. also, If you can, try another Power supply... whats the harm in trying !

;) Regards.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

did you try minimum configuration I mean:

- 1 CPU
- 1 memory module
- No HDDs, no data cables.
- NO PCI cards

????

yes it would be a good idea check Power supply and power converter module (there the power supplies are plugged)

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Sean Corbett
Advisor

Replaced the powersupply, no change.

The system only has 1 processor, 1 stick of ram and there are no pci cards. So its pretty much running at a min. config.

I did find some info that suggested it could be something ILo related, so I'm going to try pulling that.

I did notice that there was no activity on the HDs.

And it beeped when I pulled the only stick of memory.
I am an HP employee

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Sean,

Is this a SCSI model or a SATA ?

In either case, there is an BACKPLANE for the HDD, & a power Converter module. Try reseating them as well.

Regards.
Sean Corbett
Advisor

It is the SCSI model. I've tried reseating the power backplane. I'll try the reseating everything for the HDs next.

Thanks!
I am an HP employee

e4services
Honored Contributor

It is not passing POST, therefore never initializing the video. Something is wrong at the hardware level. memory/slot, CPU, system/IO board, something.
Hot Swap Hard Drives