1753651 Members
5950 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G4 Internal Health LED is showing red

David   Lings
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G4 Internal Health LED is showing red

The internal health LED on the front panel of my HP Proliant DL360 G4 is currently showing red.

The system is still up and running without any problems.

The operating system is Windows 2003 Server (Enterprise Edition).

I have interogated the HP system tool:
Intergrity Management Log Viewer : No errors reported at all.

I have been advised that the red fault light refers to a system critical error. I must refer to the system board LED's to identify the component that is in a in a critical state.

However:

1)It is rack mounted in a cabinet.

2) I am not allowed to power the system down
(business critical).

3) I don't know how to remove the cover of this rack mounted server.

4) I do not know if I can remove the cover without interupting the power supply.
7 REPLIES 7
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

David,
Try logging into the webem homepage
https:\\servername:2381

It should report there what the issue is.
David   Lings
Occasional Contributor

Thankyou for your quick response:

I logged onto https://:2381 successfully:
There were no errors reported on the HP System Management Homepage:

"Failed and Degraded items" - "None".
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Have you tried looking in the Integrated Management Log to see what errors are there? If the server is still running and you have an internal health led lit, then I suspect this is related to something wrong in the memory. Most other things are going to cause the server to go down.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

By internal health LED you don't mean the second LED from the top on the front panel?
That one will glow amber if there is only one of the two power supplies connected. (if two are fitted)

If the server is mounted on rails you should be able to roll it out while powered (as long as the cables at back are long and untangled enough) and remove the lid easily to see inside. The lid removes easily with only one small handle to lift in the centre of the top panel.
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

David,
Refer to the Maintenance and Service Guide found here:
http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00218204/c00218204.pdf

Goto page 70-71 for details on possible error conditions.

In addition you should (provided you have proper cable management and slack in cables) be able to slide the server from the rack. Then as stated on Page 18 of above guid you can remove the lid by lifting up on the latch handle.
David   Lings
Occasional Contributor

The Front Panel LED indicator that is showing continuous red is the top light:
(a heart beat sign inside a square box)the Internal health LED.

I have looked at the Integrated Management Log and no errors or warnings are present.

I have now been able to access the server from within the rack mounting and have located the pull-up catch on the top. However when I pull up the catch (the catch is unlocked) and pull the catch towards the back or front of the server it will not move the lid. Are any screw or other catches involved and which direction does the top slide off.

Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

Once the latch is pulled up, the lid should be able to be slid towards the back of the rack. It may be a bit tight.