1753936 Members
9945 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G4 Post Error

Jason Webster
Advisor

DL360 G4 Post Error

Every time we reboot at new DL360 G4 running Windows 2003 we recieve the following error in the integrated management log.

Post Error: 1777-Drive Array Detected Proliant Drive Subsystem Error.

We have another server that is identical to this one and is configured exactly the same way, but is not having this problem. Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

Jason check out my post from yesterday. Try reseating the SCSI backplane.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=793930
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Make sure your SCSI chain is intact; try to reset SCSI cables, SCSI Backplane and Array Controller (unless you use on board), check if there any bent pins
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Strange as it may seem, this error used to indicate a cooling fan failure. I suggest that you check your fans.
E Evans
Advisor

I had this error on a server and on the next cold re-boot it just disappeared, my thoughts at the time were that maybe somehow it thought it had an external storage box attached.
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Try reseating the SCSI backplane
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

Shutdown the server try to re-seat all the cards and connectors and power it on and mostly it will go off, you could try what others have mentioned here also.

Rgds

HGN
Jason Webster
Advisor

The SCSI Backplane was not seated all the way. Thanks for the advice.
simbola julien

Hi,

We have had a general power failure and the cooler system failed (I don't know the real term in english).

All our servers have shut down when the temperature has reached about 45├В┬░C. Most of them restarted with this error (with some overs indicating the proc is too hot).
As a consequence, I think this error really indicates a fan error... As strange as it may seem..